In the weeds… Granular… Dive into the details… whatever you want to call it, that’s what happened on this episode inspired by real life events!
Matt was hoping for a simple fix for his glasses, but what he got was a lesson in guest service and experience (and maybe even about emotional triggers).
Josh and Matt go deep on this and pull out some pretty epic lessons any business can use.
- Either you have the solution, or you have the way to get to the solution.
- Your employees must be the expert to resolve all kinds of situations that will serve their guests to the best.
- If the guest walks away still needing to figure out how to solve their problem, that’s your problem.
- If you go above and beyond, you must do it consistently, because you’ve set a new standard.
- A service failure will have a larger magnitude when the standard is set higher.
- The combination of resources, along with the desire to solve a problem is just as important as having the solution itself.
If you know of someone who would be a great guest on the show, or have an idea fo a topic for us to explore, email email@example.com.
For audio only, listen here: