AP Podcast – Episode 53: Matt and Josh unpack the lessons from a recent coaster extravaganza!
CNC (Coaster Nerd Con) is an annual coaster trip taken by Matt and two buddies. Their goal? Ride as many coasters as they can in a 7-8 day period. 2018 marks the 8th year of CNC’s, and there is no indication it will stop anytime soon!
In this episode, Matt relays a few of the experiences and observations from the trip, and he and Josh extrapolate some interesting learning and discussion points. Here are some of the highlights:
- Soft-closing times give a positive impression at the end of the day
- Engaging your guests’ sense of smell to enhance the experience and increase revenue
- Technology’s role in helping staff deliver bad news
- The future of loose article protection
- The charm of older, smaller parks
Here are all of the parks visited on CNC 18: Kings Dominion, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Dutch Wonderland, Hersheypark, Knoebels, Dorney Park, DelGrosso’s, Kennywood, Waldameer, and Cedar Point.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download